How does it work?
The AU9 works in seconds. It sends an emergency alert on 121.5 MHz, which the base unit tracks. Your crew use this homing signal to find and recover you quickly.
Search and Rescue can also track your position using the 121.5 MHz frequency.
Why choose an AU9?
- Works in just 2 seconds
- Monitors your safety 24/7
- Small and lightweight
- LED antenna for easier tracking
- Lightweight and easily fits to a lifejacket or PFD
- 24/7 monitoring
- 2 second auto-activation or manual operation
- 100mW power output
- hours emergency transmission on 121.5 MHz (international Search and Rescue)
- LED strobe on antenna for visual tracking
- Automatic low battery indicator (user replaceable battery)
- Test function to check signal transmission and battery power
- 1 year standard warranty
- Frequency: Live Beacon 121.5 MHz Orange Case; Test Beacon 121.65MHz Green Case.
- Bandwidth 25KHz (in alignmnet with ETSI)
- Battery: Reccomended annual re certification every 12 months.
- Maximum 24 months battery life when armed 24/7
- Minimum 36 months battery life when periodically armed(approx 8hrs daily)
- Full power Endurance: Average 100mW = 24 hours, 500mW = 24 hours
- Dimensions : Approx 95mm high × 80mm wide x 35mm deep.
- Antenna length: Approx 50cm Helicopter Transit model, Approx 105cm all other models
- Modulation: Continuous swept tone A3X
- Output power: 100mW or 500mW depending on model.
- Temp. range (storage): -55°C to + 70°C;
- FCC ID YFGAU9
- ATEX – Zone 2 II 3G (AU9X only) Sira 10ATEX4253 for model AU9-X Zone 2 ONLY
- Activation - Manual & Automatic with manual override (salt and fresh water)
- NOTE: some units have a fail-safe over ride function installed to allow the unit to auto-activate after 40 seconds
- immersion in water in the event the unit has been switched off.
- Waterproofing IP-68
- Antenna: 1m cable with flexible helical spring section.
- Strobe: inbuilt LED strobe on antenna
- ILS: internal loudspeaker 80dB
- Weigth: 250gms (approx)
- AU9-HT CAA flight approved
- Environmental – the AU9 has passed the following environmental tests - Eurocae ED-14F
- Temperature & altitude
- Temperature variation
- Shock & crash safety
- Explosive atmosphere
- Sand & Dust
- Salt Fog
- Magnetic Effect
- RF – Susceptibility
- Vibration Proof